Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rajkumar passes away

I did not know him the way most Kannadigas would. I have seen a few movies of his and enjoyed some amazing melodies sung by him.

And yet, today when we learnt that he had passed away, something inside me cried. Somehow the whole scene with the wife and sons mourning him, brought tears to my eyes. A reminder call again that all our days are numbered. He had pledged his eyes so someone could see when he could no more. His eyes reminded me of dad always. The same kindness and the twinkle with the faraway look... His songs are playing on the radio and I can just pray for his family to be at peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok not sure if i can relate to this post or the comparison wit our dad.. but well .. umm.. if you say so!

-R

April 16, 2006 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home